Driver Medicals – What you need to know
Are you training to become a category 2 driver, or are you an experienced category 2 driver that needs to update their D4 medical?
What is included in a Driver medical?
When attending your D4 medical:
- Remember to take photographic identification with you
- Wear your prescribed contact lenses or have your glasses with you (corrected vision is tested)
- Bring any medication (or your prescription) that you take on a regular basis
- Complete the grey section of the D4 form ~ this will save time for you and many companies will charge you more if the Doctor must complete the whole form for you
Some companies may request a drug and alcohol test, which we are able to perform here on site, in a specially built suite, to allow for custody chain compliance.
We are a friendly team, who will guide you through the processes and ensure you leave with your medical completed and sent through to the DVLA.
How often do you need to have a D4 medical?
- When applying for your first D4/Category 2 or Group 2 licence.
- Renewing your D4 licence at 45 year of age
- 45 years of age until you become 65 years of age – a medical is required every 5 years.
- ↑ 65 years of age – your medical is required annually
With the shortage of HGV drivers in the country and a push to have more people trained as Category 2 drivers, we are offering Driver medicals at our newly refurbished clinic venue in the Warrington area.
Contact us on 01925 422751 or email firstname.lastname@example.org